Premier Broadband to Offer Emergency Broadband Benefit to Residents in South East Arkansas
Qualified customers receive FREE EBB monthly internet service during this program.
ARKANSAS, 5/17/2021 – Premier Broadband is helping to make broadband more accessible and more affordable to eligible households that have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic through the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB).
New and existing customers who qualify for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program will be able to receive temporary financial relief for home internet or broadband service.
About the Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit, administered by the Federal Communications Commission, will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Is Eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
Residential EBB Service Package
25 MBPS Download
Rental Free – Included
Taxes – Included
Installation Additional Cost
When Can I Sign Up for the Benefit?
As of May 12, 2021, eligible households will be able to enroll in the program to receive a monthly discount. Eligible households can contact (870) 292-4733 to get started.
About Premier Broadband
Premier Broadband was started in a Hope, Arkansas by friends who have learned how to deliver a high quality and ultra-high speed internet service only available in large cities to rural cities and towns across Arkansas. We wanted to bring best-of-breed technologies major carriers deploy to rural Arkansas and provide simple and reliable service without data overages fees and contracts. We currently service Hempstead, Howard, and Nevada County. To learn more visit premierbroadband.com.